Our Best Friend Award is designed to recognise volunteers who make an outstanding contribution through exceptional dedication as a Friend.
For those who receive an award, it has particular significance knowing that nominations are made by your peers; members of your own Friends group, who know better than most the personal dedication that is required.
Nominations are assessed by an independent judging panel according to set criteria, which together with the nomination form can be downloaded from below.
The nominee will have made an outstanding contribution under some or all of the following criteria or equivalent activities:
- Formed strong relationships and partnerships for the benefit of the reserve*
- Attracted funding for the benefit of the reserve
- Shown personal dedication – ‘the above and beyond’ factor
- Introduced young people to the reserve as a means of planning for succession
- Made a personal impact through major improvement to the reserve
* Note: The term ‘reserve’ can also refer to species, waterway or cultural heritage. It is used generically to refer to the purpose of the group.
If there is someone in your Friends group who deserves special recognition for the dedication and service they have shown over at least 10 years, email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the criteria and nomination form and start putting it together.
Preparing a nomination always takes longer than you think, so starting early makes it easier. Getting written references often needs persistent follow-up. People are always keen to help, but may have difficulty setting aside time to prepare a written reference.
Nominations, with all supporting documentation including written references, must be received by 5pm on 26th July 2017. Late nominations cannot be accepted.
Send your nominations by email to email@example.com or by post to: Victorian Environment Friends Network, c/o VNPA, Level 3, 60 Leicester St Carlton 3053.